Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I see people and the things that happen to them.  Things that change their lives.  Things that make them look different or make them unable to walk or unable to talk.  It's often difficult for these people to accept these drastic changes in their life - some might call them tragedies.  It is often difficult for them to believe that this would happen to them.  Hearing these stories, I realize that anything can happen - to me - just like those people.  I realize what great gifts it is to be able to walk and dance and talk.  I cannot imagine what it would be like if I could not express myself.  I would have to cling to God if such a thing happened to me.  Just like anyone else things can happen to me as suddenly as they did to people I know.  But for now, I am grateful.  I am grateful that I can see and that I can move and that I am beautiful.  If something were to happen to me, I do not know how I would respond, if I would be disbelieving or depressed, but I hope that I would take it in stride as a part of God's plan for my life - part of my life.  For now, though, I am grateful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment