Thursday, August 18, 2016


Ever go to a water park and see the people manning the different slides and rides?  
They have to stand there all day or as long as their shift is saying, 
                "You can go...You can go...You can go...".  
Seems kinda boring and they look like it too.  They look bored.  For me it kinda' takes the fun out of the water park when the people telling you to "Go" don't even look like they think it will be fun for you to "Go".  

I think about what I would be like in that situation and other situations such as waitress work.  I like to think I would rock it.  I would smile at everyone as if they were the only person I've seen that day.   That's what I do at my current job.  When someone comes into my massage room, I've prepared the room to perfection just for them.  I've made everything ready just right for them and that one person is my focus.  When I connect with someone and they leave happy, that is the best feeling in all the world.

The lifeguards, though, have to see hundreds of people for five seconds each.  I still think I would run the risk of a facial spasm if it meant seeing others have a good time.  I like to think I'd smile at every single one of them and say "You ready?" and psych them up and then I'd say "Go!" and smile real big as they smile and go.  I'd say,  "You havin' fun?" to the next one because I honestly find the greatest pleasure in seeing others have a good time.  

I've never been a waitress before but I plan to be one someday soon and I think I'd be the best server there was just like my mom.  I'd smile and make people happy and then when I'm old I'll have all the wrinkles to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment