Friday, November 20, 2015

Friends and the Will of God



I think I have come to or am very near to being perfectly fine and happy with being single.  You may laugh because you may think I am young and have not had enough years to experience loneliness but I truly feel I am in a good place.

Last month I was having a hard time, life was a bit stressful and I was wishing that I didn't have to be that girl who lacks the excitement of romance in her life.  I was also feeling confused about how to have a relationship with a guy, simply platonically. A friend helped me by saying
"Make friends, lots of friends.  Pursue friendships!  It is ok!"

I think idle hands makes way for melancholy and a feeling of missing out on life.  When I have a project to work on or a goal of some sort to work towards, I find myself wishing less and less.

I know that for me any old project will do, but I don't want to be happy and busy
doing my own thing outside of God.  I want to know what He wills for me.

"What willest Thou for me O, Lord?" is my constant cry.

I know, for sure, that He is preparing me.  Everything I'm learning or have learned, everywhere I go, is something He will build upon in the future.
He will take me places and let me do things that build on my experience.
I have to trust that right now, I am right where I am supposed to be.  I have to keep following Him if I want to go anywhere.

So friendship.  That is something that is very important.  I don't pursue friendships enough and seeing as many of my friends have moved away, it is a challenge.
I must make new friends and make an effort with the ones near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment