Friday, March 11, 2016

Minimalism

http://bemorewithless.com/begin/

I came across a pin on Pinterest that was a list on the term "minimalist".  I had not thought about that term except in the instance of minimalist art.   After reading the article on it I have realized that I strive to be a minimalist myself.

I believe I am easily overwhelmed by clutter, too many options or a very big book that I have to read within a deadline.  When I have a bunch of clothes but don't feel like anything goes together or that I don't like any of them it is frustrating.  I have a bunch of necklaces and earrings that I never wear and that bothers me.



I hate having to carry a thousand things to and from my car and in and out of my office at work.

Having things simple and organized and clean puts something to rest in me as the contrary stirs me up and stresses me out.

The article listed out all the things that I do:  pack light for trips, dress simply and try to keep a "clutter-free zone".

I came to the conclusion that I primarily like clothes with cotton in it and that I would rather have a simple dress to slip on instead of trying to figure out shirts, pants etc.

I simplified my bath products.  I realized I only needed about three things in the shower.  I tried to figure out razors and what was the best one.  I tried different women's razors most were cheap and I hated shaving because they were junk. Finally I just bought a simple men's razor and it's perfect.



I've decided I'd rather buy one thing of quality than a bunch of things that will not work or that I won't like.

I have been able to find out more and more what I like and buy those things and get rid of the rest.

So yup, I'm a minimalist and maybe it's a little obsessive at times but whatever I can do to simplify life, I enjoy doing it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment