Thursday, June 30, 2016

Pebbles to a Mighty God




Pebbles to a Mighty God
By Rachel Fagan for Naqah and Naqiy Schepp


What to do? How to live? Who to be and when?
Can we open our hearts
When we’re not sure they’d let us in?
What is standing? What is being?
We feel this tying and long for freeing.
Feeling stuck, to say the least,
Starving, looking for the feast.
I read them once:
Words that changed it all.
They said “Don’t be afraid
Even if you fall,
Talk it out with the Lord of peace
Pray and give thanks
And you’ll find release.”


The weights that depress that heart of yours
Are not what they seem,
They are nothing more
Than pebbles to a mighty God
Who, yet in His strength,
Knows the path you trod.


So open your heart to the peace you’ll find
When you lay all your worries
Before a King who is kind.
He’ll keep you safe
And never betray you,
You’re His princess
To you He’ll stay true.


I’ve heard it said so many times:
Love casts out fear
When fear blurs the lines.
Along with this truth it is defined
That true love is patient and unfailingly kind.


I, myself, have found this to be true.
I find the greatest freedom when I love God and love you.
You and I are equally special,
To a mighty God who makes gems out of pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment