Sunday, July 3, 2011

..the best way to know God is to love many things (and many people) -vincent van gogh

(I added that last part on the Van Gogh quote above. I dont think he meant things when he said things.
I think he meant flowers and hummingbirds, trees and waterfalls and, yes, people) I feel funny blogging because I don't have many major things happening in my life at the moment like others do.

I was going to write about myself but... I think I will talk about those I love.
Papa Shammah. He is one of the sweetest dads in the village and he has always been such a papa for me. We haven't necessarily had amazing conversations or done really fun stuff together or anything. He's just been there as a shoulder to lean on. Someone to stand next to and sing with during worship of our God. I love how he sings. I love how, when most everyone else is silent, he is singing in his most not-self conscious way! I've started doing that same thing after him, singing at random times. Caleb does it too :-)

I love the Horsts. Papa Asher is like papa Shammah. He is there for you and he's just so comforting to have around. I love Mama Gannah's spunkiness, kindness, wisdom, and bravery. She is wonderful.
Evelyn. She is so beautiful. She has the loveliest smile and she uses it a lot. Evelyn is a great friend and she is so tender. She loves God and her family so much and cares so much for others!

Suzie. What a friend! She really cares about people! She takes care of me. I love her very much. Friday I got in on the bowling trip at the very last minute. Suzie was very concerned that I didn't have a ride and she got a whole other vehicle just for me!! Gosh she is great. Nobody tell her about this blog post! She hates being fawned over, and I admit I am one of the biggest offenders!


                                      

3 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    Wow, that was a wonderfully refreshing blog! Keep it up. You, my dear, brighten our whole world!
    I love you very much,
    Miss Hashachar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel,

    You don't have to have amazing things happening to you to blog :) I enjoy reading your posts! And this particular one is very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you both. I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete