Wednesday, May 18, 2016

I Am Not for a Man, I Am for God



I love my body, I love almost everything about it.  A lot of times I think that I have the perfect body and the most beautiful eyes and the strongest yet most beautiful hands and the most extraordinary hair.

Sometimes I'm sad because I watch romantic movies and I think about how I wish a man would look into my eyes, I wish a man would hold my hand and kiss my lips.
Well, I realized, that's not all I'm good for.  I realize that obviously God has more for me than that.

My mind is meant to know Him, my eyes are meant to look at Him, my lips are meant to praise Him, my arms are meant to reach for Him, my hands are meant to work for Him, my body is meant to go where He leads me and to build His kingdom and love Him.
I am not meant for a man.  At least not right now.  I am meant for God and I can be satisfied in that.

My mind is for no man, my mind is for my God.

My eyes are for no man, my eyes are for my God.

My lips are for no man, my lips are for my God.

My arms are for no man, my arms are for my God.

My hands are for no man, my hands are for my God.

My body is for no man, my body is for my God.

My feet are for no man, my feet are for my God.

2 comments: