Tuesday, April 26, 2011

my encounter 12 miles away :)

I believe it was early summer of last year. I was at Selmer pool and I noticed a young girl with the prettiest brown, curly hair. She was a small girl of fourteen and, I presume, part African-American (I will change her name for her privacy)  Anyway, I always make a point to complement people when they look nice, so I swam over and told her that she had very pretty hair. The girl next to her made a big deal about it:  "That 'lady's' being nice to you, Doris. No one's ever nice to you!" This didn't obviously phase Doris as rude, and she simply asked me if I wanted to play with her.  I "played" with her even though it consisted mainly of sitting on the edge of the pool splashing our feet in the water. She couldn't swim very well and was content to float on top of the water in the three foot area.By the end of our time together I knew her birthday (which is in the same month as mine!) and that she had a case-worker, and, by the other girl's remark, I knew that she was not popular. Unfortunately, I did not get a phone number or address so I do not know where she is now or how her life is or what her story is. All I can do is pray that she recieves the love and guidance she needs to have a full life in God and please, Lord let us meet again!

6 comments:

  1. Amen, Rachel, I shall pray that prayer with you as well. Miss Hash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Rachel. And I love your heart for people. I'm sure that God will let you see her again or put someone else in your path that He wants you to encourage with His love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome Rachael. I hope you get to meet more people. I'm sure you will. God uses people like you in mighty ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray that you meet her again as well, and more
    like her. Love you Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems we have something in common, Rachel. Check out my blog www.dossiesdays.wordpress.com. I sure hope you meet her again too, but keep praying for her, regardless. God will take care of her.

    ReplyDelete