Saturday, April 23, 2011

True Story!

I was tiptoeing as lightly as I could, watching where I stepped in the darkness. A gentle wind blew. Just strong enough to make the evening pleasant. Then... I looked up. The stars above were breathtaking! And as I looked, I coveyed this whole scene to myself ending with "I am a strong believer in the fact that if you just look long enough, you will see a shooting star!" and no sooner had the words left my mouth, I saw one! A very prominent one! I gasped in amazement and joy. A few minutes later I couldnt believe that it had even happened!
How true that if you look long enough for your shooting star, you will find it. Am I right?

2 comments:

  1. Depends on what you mean. Back when I was your age, I looked often for a shooting star. I'd never seen one. I looked and look for years, and I never saw one, not even in Germany, where the skies were a lot clearer.

    So if you mean "look for years," then yes, if you look long enough. Here in West Tennessee I see a shooting star just about every time I look at the stars for a few minutes. I've never had that experience anywhere else in my life.

    ReplyDelete