Monday, October 12, 2015

God is Good(ness)



If you were to ask me "What do you know about God?", I would say that I know God is good.

I was talking with my nieces yesterday.  I had taken them out on a pull-wagon ride around our 100-acre property.  We had stopped at the playground and had a fantastic time playing for about an hour.  On the way back to my house I couldn't help but mentioning it:
"Girls, did you know Ingathering is coming?"
Ingathering is like a church reunion for us.  Everyone gathers in from all the places God has taken us and we get together and have what I guess most would call a revival.  But basically, it's no different than what we do all the year long and that is praise God, talk about God and talk to one another about the ways we see God every day.  We eat together and sing and dance and most years we camp-out and sit around fire pits til morning.

I was so excited telling the girls about God and everything I had learned about Him came together in that conversation.
"God is good.  He loves everything that is good and He's inside all of us.  When we get together at Ingathering God will get bigger because He's in everyone who will be there."  I realized this probably sounded like people were going to get bloated so I said that you can't see God, He's a spirit, He's everything that's good.

"What is good?" I asked
"Obeying."  Jenna answered.
"And sharing, and joy and peace" I said.

The Bible says man without God is wicked, any good within man is from God.  Dignity, strength, compassion, gratefulness, all of this is from God and IS God.

I've heard people my whole life say that God is in us.  I wondered what that meant.  Now I know that the good in us is God.  When we all come together with that goodness in us, the goodness grows and that is God.

God is good and anything good is from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment