Friday, January 8, 2016

The Choice to Love


You know those little things that people ask you to do or not do because it bothers them or annoys them?
 These things may seem ridiculous and nonsensical.
Our perceptions are so different and the next time something is annoying to you, they may not be able to make sense of it either.

We question why it's so important to that person, but the fact is, it is important to them.
I believe that if you love someone, something that is important to them will be important to you no matter how silly it seems.  It is a choice to actively love and make that person feel loved.  It's the little things that matter.

So I say this to you and to myself: if I do not respect the things that are important to others, then how can I expect others to respect the things that are important to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment