Thursday, February 25, 2016

Opening Up the Hope Gates



Lord, Jesus, help me to have
Open ears,
Open eyes,
Open hands,
An open mouth
And an open heart.

If I am closed, You cannot live through me.
If I do not be who you made me to be, You cannot work through me.
If I do not tell the truth about who I am and Who You are, You cannot love through me.

God spoke this to me the other day and I feel that I have a tool to be free of fear.  Fear shuts me down and causes me to close and not function.

 I had a rough day the other day, but I let it all out to a friend and then went to a ladies meeting in our church where we talk about our struggles and our joys.

I was so encouraged in that meeting because when we all come together in Christ, hopeless situations are filled with hope again!!   I felt that so strongly and I was so encouraged.

One woman shared about some spiritual struggles that were happening within her family, I knew the other women would have answers because we all have a piece of God and when we gather, He is there to help.

I listened with bated breath for the answer to my sisters struggle.  The answer was that we are here for her and the men in our church, her brothers, are too.  She was encouraged to reach out and get help from her brothers and sisters in the moment the the struggles start.
She does not have to stay stuck in it and afraid!

After that, I felt like God spoke a word to me, personally, to help with my fear.
That word was "open".

He told me to open my eyes to see people's needs, open my ears to hear them and the hidden meanings in the things they say, open my hands to give and serve, open my mouth to speak the truth and show others that I care, open my heart to others without fear, open my spirit so that God can flow through!!


No comments:

Post a Comment