Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tools for His Glory



I love the house I live in, I love the car I have, I love the new job that I'm bout to take up. I love my new glasses and I'm excited about the new hair cut I'm going to get tomorrow.

If and when I get this new job, I will have more money to pay my bills but also to buy the music and the clothes that I want.

I wonder if I am becoming too attached to the things of the world.
 I don't want to be like that. I've heard it said that the more a person has on this earth, the harder it is for him to leave it behind to follow Jesus.

So starting with my car, I would like to write a letter.

Dear Dubh,
 I want you to know that you are only a tool. You're a gift that the Lord has given me to get to places so that I can glorify Him. I will take care of you because you are a gift from God and if I don't take care of you I won't be able to go where He wants me to go.

When I work I can be a shining light of love and servanthood and humility therefore bringing glory to You, Lord.

When I earn money I can do as you want me to:  pay my bills, give to those who have need and save up to go to the places you want me to go.

I am so grateful for all your blessings. I find that when I glorify You and seek you, you are always right there at the perfect time to provide for everything I need.

I have clearly seen everything work together for my good every moment.

I feel so undeserving and inadequate but I pray  that i will not get in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment